Emma is a dedicated and qualified nutritionist with a real passion for fitness and working closely with clients to ensure they get the best results possible.
Growing up in picturesque New Zealand, she caught the travel bug after finishing school and her adventures took her across the world. She has spent time exploring and working in Australia, Ireland, Canada and the USA.
She returned home to study, enrolling at Massey University, Auckland. She graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition and Physiology.
Emma moved to the UK in 2014, and started working as a nutritionist for Fresh Fitness Food in early 2015 where she uses evidence-based strategies to help busy professionals, athletes, and active individuals make simple dietary changes to improve their health and performance, and reduce their risk of disease.
Her nutrition expertise is regularly featured in the media, including in publications such as the Telegraph, Metro Online and Women's Health.
Currently based in London, her focus is on promoting education and awareness of optimum nutrition practices to live a healthy and balanced life.
The primary aim of the consultation is to optimise your fuel intake in accordance with the training regime that you will be undertaking.
A dedicated nutritionist will help you to determine the right nutrients in the right quantities to ensure optimal recovery, whilst also addressing underlying nutritional issues that may affect both your performance and your long-term health.
A well-planned nutritional plan developed with specialist knowledge is vital in developing an appropriate and effective nutritional strategy to support your training programme.
Your initial consultation will cover the following:
- An in-depth discussion about: your health history, training programme, performance goals, lifestyle and current dietary patterns - to identify your specific issues and potential solutions.
- Basic assessment of macro and micro-nutrient adequacy
- How to optimise your training, performance and recovery through practising appropriate ‘nutrient timing’ (nutrition before, during and after exercise).
- How to develop an appropriate hydration strategy for training to minimise the risk of either dehydration or hyponatremia.
- Specific guidelines on how to ensure that your diet has an optimal balance of carbohydrates, fats and proteins, plus adequate vitamins, minerals and fibre, to meet your individual training and performance needs
You will receive practical, easy-to-follow advice tailored to your individual needs using the latest nutritional science. This will help you to achieve optimum nutrition, ensuring that you get the most out of every session, recover more quickly, and achieve your goals faster.
The cost of this is £75 per hour payable in advance.
Dependant on how much detail you require it is possible to create a basic entry level plan and dietary programme in about 60 minutes.
So if you decide this is something you feel you would like to do then please Click Here to complete the process.