Bodyfire Strong Man Treat Bar
Sadly not every day can be a cheat day!! We can still however find ways of giving ourselves little lifts without throwing our entire nutrition plan out the window. Picture the scene: Its 4pm, you've got a freshly made cup of tea in front of you and all thats missing is something yummy and sweet to have alongside...well here it is! Nutritious and Delicious, The BodyFire Strongman Bar...
|Tagaloa Organic Virgin Coconut oil contains a superb combination of fatty acids, which help with energy metabolism. It’s a great source of the once-demoised saturated fats in the diet. The fats provide medium chain triglycerides (MCT’s), which are an excellent and accessible form of energy.Find out more about Tagaloa coconut oil and how this oil can be incorporated into your life as a healthy alternative here.|
Makes 16 Large Bars - Cook time: 10 minutes, refrigerate for a minimum of 30 mins.
- 2 tbsp of Tagaloa coconut oil, melted
- 2 Cups of Dates, stones removed
- 1 Cup of dried Apple
- 1 Cup of Almonds
- 1 Cup of Pecans
- 1 Cup of Macadamias
- 2 tbsp of Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of Nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp of Ginger
Feel free to swap in different nuts and spices, I haven't found a bad combo yet!
- Tip the nuts and fruit into a blender
- Pulse until the nuts are in reasonably small chunks and the dates have been shredded. You may need to turn the mixture with a spatular to ensure all parts of the mix are properly chopped.
- Tip the mix out into a bowl and add in the coconut oil and spices
- Initially mix with a spoon, then knead with your hands until total mixed.
- Place on one half of a baking tray lined with grease proof paper.
- Fold the paper over and using a rolling pin, smooth the mixture out into one level rectangle.
- Place in the fridge
- Cut off a piece as and when you fancy a little treat!
You may also like
Posted on September 17th, 2015
Posted on September 7th, 2015
Posted on October 21st, 2015