How To Unwind After Exercise
Here are my 10 pointers for unwinding after a workout.
- Take a few mins to foam roll and have a stretch. Always good to work on mobility once you are really warm.
- Use some large rubber gym bands to stretch out your body in a dynamic way
- Post training nutrition is key, find somewhere comfortable have a sit down and eat some healthy food, or if you don't have time a protein shake with some Branch Chain Amino Acids
- Make sure you eat the right nutrition for your work out. For example after HIIT training you don't want to have any animal fats as you want your body to keep burning its fat stores in the hours after you have finished training. Whey protein will do for post workout.
- A warm shower or a steam room can be really relaxing after a workout especially if you have stretched. Just make sure you hydrate if you go into the steam room
- Contrasts baths between hot and cold water can really make your feel brilliant. I always do 30seconds of each around 5 times,
- Hydration is going to be key after a work out. You have probably sweated more than you thought, so get your fluids on. If you weigh yourself before a workout and after you may see you have lost weight. That will be fluid. So you need to balance that back out. I take H2Pro everyday to ensure I stay hydrated.
- Sounds a bit left field but putting on some classical or easy listening music can as some research has shown help reduce the stress hormone cortisol.
- A massage after working out has its obvious benefits to relax you and your tired muscles.
You may also like
Posted on April 22nd, 2015
Posted on April 14th, 2015
Posted on October 12th, 2015