Chocolate Cake with Eric Lanlard
James Haskell and star of Baking Mad, Eric Lanlard, create some deliciously healthy treats in the kitchen.
3 cups blanched almond flour1/4 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup stevia
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup melted Tagaloa
1 cup soy milk
3 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey
1 can (13.5 ounces) full fat coconut milk
2 tablespoons raw honey
4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons coconut milk, full fat
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 350F (155C)
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 7 inch springform pan with coconut oil and line the bottom with parchment paper
- In a large bowl mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, raw cacao powder, stevia, baking soda and salt
- In a separate bowl whisk together the coconut oil, coconut milk, eggs, vanilla and honey
- Using a rubber spatula, gently mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients to form a batter. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean, approximately 45-50 mins.
- If you feel you need to cook it longer, cover cake with aluminum foil to prevent burning the top and lower the heath to 325f.
- Cook until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely then cut horizontally in the middle
- Spread the chocolate ganache over the bottom half of the cake and refrigerate for 30mins
- Top with the other half of cake, then spread the chocolate frosting over the top and sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle top layer with shaved dark chocolate if desired
Enjoy with a mug of Green Tea for an afternoon treat, without feeling too guilty!
You may also like
Sorry Mrs Baldwin, 'a bit of dark chocolate' is not indulging - Hella Post-Holiday Fitness challenge, week 4
Posted on September 15th, 2015
Posted on April 1st, 2015
Posted on October 19th, 2015